Saturday, April 18, 2009

What's old is New again



During the course of this blog, I will at times show you my sculpts from the past. My style has
changed somewhat over the years, experimenting with new techniques, and mediums.

What hasn't changed is the feeling of my sculpts. I have always wanted my sculpts to have
an ethereal feeling to them.
The vintage laces and fabrics I have
found over the years have helped
me achieve this goal.
All of my dolls seem to be pale
and dreamy eyed, as if they have just
stepped out of a dream.

I seem to be coming back to this precise style and I have so many ideas that I will share with you in the coming weeks.

This sculpt is called "The Golden Child"
and was sculpted in 1998. She is OOAK and sculpted out of Cernit/Sculpey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message
Thanks

Google+ Badge