Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Asian Inspiration


Well, it's that time of year again.

Every year about this time I get in the mood to sculpt Asian children...don't ask me why...lol
I have spent hours and hours looking for just the right picture to give me the inspiration I need, to sculpt what I have in mind.

For me it's not the pose or surroundings, it's the face that seems to give me what I desire.

I have been like this for as long as I can remember.
My moods dictate what it is that I desire to sculpt.
Sometimes the moods last for one doll, sometimes for many dolls.
Has anyone else had this happen to them.

I guess that's why I don't take commissions anymore...if I am not in the mood to sculpt what was commissioned, then the sculpt just sits there waiting for my mood to change.

This is the picture that jumped out at me...in fact it shouted and screamed at me...lol
The doll I am planning will not look anything like the picture, it's just the face that gives me
the inspiration. Hopefully this picture will be the one that helps me produce a good number of sculpts..


6 comments:

  1. Dessa she is darling! I can see why she would inspire you. ;) Good luck with your sculpting of her...I am sure she will be precious!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious girl! I can't wait to see what you do with your sculpt. She is beautiful inspiration!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcie and Joanna,
    Thank you all so much for your nice comments.
    I will be starting on my new sculpt today.
    Thanks again, I will post pictures soon.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree...the mood is a major thing! I can see why the photo of this precious little girl inspires you! She has an innocent but mysterious look about her. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail,
    I think you hit the nail on the head...
    "mysterious" is what I think intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Asian sculpts!!! Your inspiration is a beautiful little girl! I can't wait to see what you come up with Dessa

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message
Thanks

Google+ Badge