Saturday, May 23, 2009

The creation of a Blog Award


As most of you know I am new to blogging,

and I have to tell you I have fallen
in love with the concept of blogging.

By no means do I claim to be an expert
in blogging, but I do know what I like
to read, and look at.
I have done a ton of reading blogs,
a whole lot of looking at pictures,
and content, and much pondering of
just what blogging means to me.

I think blogging means a lot of different
things to a lot of different people.

I want to give back to my fellow bloggers,
who I now consider my friends.

So, I have created a new blog award.

It comes with a creed that includes my ideas of what
blogging means to me.

I think I get it now.

I have found out that being a blogger is much more
than just networking and trying to sell my dolls.
I realize now that blogging is a network of sharing,
and gathering new friendships. I have met many
wonderful people who really care
about their fellow bloggers.

The rules are simple:

Upon receiving this award,
simply pass it on to (one) other person,
and tell why you gave this person the award.

I will start out by giving this award to
Joanna Thomas. I have admired Joanna's dolls
for many years now. Her warm and wonderful blog,
her exquisite dolls, and Joanna the person
exemplifies what blogging is all about.

http://joannathomasdolls.blogspot.com/



8 comments:

  1. What a lovely award!! Joanna is definitely deserving of this.

    I put off starting a blog until just before Christmas - I really didn't think I would like it, and surprise, surprise! I love it! Like you, I have met such wonderful people that have inspired me, motivated me, and just brightened my day with their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    Thank you for the nice compliment!!
    When I first heard of blogging, I thought I would never have anything to say...lol. But once you get into the writing it is really easy and very fun!!
    There are so many wonderful people that blog. Each and everyone of them inspire me, and each one has a unique style and story. I just love it!!
    Thanks so much for your comment!!
    Take care,
    Dessa Rae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Dessa! I am so honored and touched by your words and that you thought of me to pass this on to! When I started blogging I never thought I would have anything to say as I am a shy person.. but once I got going it all just fell into place... and I am so glad I did because I have met so many wonderful people like you!
    Thank you for being my friend and for honoring me with this award!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna,
    You are so welcome!! You truly do exemplify what
    blogging is all about. I am glad you like the award, and I am honored to call you my friend.
    Take care,
    Dessa Rae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a lovely award Dessa, starting a blog is one of the best things I have ever done.
    Well Done.
    Debie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debie,
    Thank you! That is exactly the way I feel about blogging. Websites are nice but with blogging you can really connect with people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dessa~ You are so wonderful and Kind. How thoughtful!
    I do have a lot to blog about it , only because no one can keep me still. grin. But I must tell you how much I enjoy visiting others and reading about what they are creating. It is refreshing!
    Thank you for been so involved in bloging and to encourage me. I am often embarrased to leave comments just because I don't know the person, however I am starting to understand that I probably should be more forward.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia, Thank you so much for the nice comments. I feel just like you do about leaving comments. I am always afraid that I am going to sound stupid or something. Sometimes I have to force myself to post when I don't know the person, but then when I do, it kinds of breaks the ice and I feel more comfortable commenting next time.
    Thanks for your comments,
    Dessa Rae

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message
Thanks

Google+ Badge