Thursday, June 4, 2009

My first "Love"


I started out my sculpting career with Life Size babies.
From there I went to Faeries, Miniature dolls, and everything else in between.

I feel like now is the time to return to my First Love.
I am feeling a real strong desire to sculpt my life size babies again.

I have found a polymer clay that I don't have to mess around with. I can use it straight out of the package. My old hands can't take the mixing and kneading anymore. Even with a food processor it still is too much.

The picture above is my very favorite sculpt. "Sweetness"
She is 20", and 7 pounds. Her hair is imported English Mohair.

Dolls Magazine, to my surprise did a featured article on her.
I received the magazine, opened it up and saw her picture. I was so
happy.

I have been inspired by the many gorgeous sculpts I have seen over the past few weeks and months.

Of course I will still be making my miniatures every now and again.

There is just something magical about holding a One-of-a-Kind, hand-sculpted, life size baby in your arms.

13 comments:

  1. Oh Dessa....yes!!! I remember your life size babies and was totally in love with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, thank you so much!! I really appreciate your wonderful compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sculpt!I tried my hand at sculpting a baby's face....once....never again. I just don't have it. You my dear, have it! Post pics of your newest baby when she is complete, I would love to see her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That doll is beautiful, and she looks so real! You are really talented, and your work is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. blonde_Toadie, Thank you so much for the nice compliments. lol I am sure you could sculpt a babies face...it just takes practice, practice, practice. I will post pictures of all my babies when they are completed. Thank you so much for your interest.

    Shannon,
    Thank you so much for the nice compliments!!
    They are much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dessa shes beautiful, its not easy sculpting a larger piece, what with clay conditioning and keeping it clean. I have every admiration for you :O). When you get the call you have to answer it, I look forward to seeing a new wee one.
    Debie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debie,
    Thank you for your lovely comments. You are so right... Sculpting is like a calling. I will post new pics soon.
    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG she is AMAZING! I am blown away by her! Yes you must do more! I don't blame you for wanting to do more in this size. If I could sculpt this big I would! I so admire you!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joanna,
    I am so thrilled that you like her. Thank you for the wonderful compliments, I really do appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Dessa, what a treasure! You are so talented! You are very versatil ... sculpting from such a tiny size to a baby this size? that is incredible AND she is gorgeous and VERY realistic! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patricia,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments.
    I really appreciate your comments and your support.
    Thanks again,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dessa...she is adorable!!! You most certainly have a gift in this area. I know what you mean about the larger sculpts...I just can't pull myself away from them. Keep up the wonderful work...I love them!!! Hugs, Marcie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Marcie...Your kind words and support mean a lot to me. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message
Thanks

Google+ Badge