Friday, July 17, 2009

ADO Elements Challenge

Please let me introduce Tempest. She is a new sculpt for the ADO Elements Challenge. I chose the Element "Air".

She was so much fun to sculpt. She is Asian.
She is sculpted from Puppenfimo. Her hair is Imported English Mohair. She is sculpted down to the hips and her lower arms and legs are sculpted also. Her head is stationary. Her eyes are hand sculpted and hand painted.

Her arms and legs were wrapped in a bubble yarn the color of stormy clouds. Over the yarn I covered her arms and legs in a sheer glitter tulle. I was going for the effect of storm
clouds, sheer on outside and stormy on the inside. She has a wrap around skirt made of a special occasions sheer netting with hand beaded trim.

Her hair was styled as if wind blown. This sculpt is pose able at the elbows and the knees.

Tempest seemed to come together quite easily,
as I laid in bed at night and sculpted her in my
mind for about a week before I even started her.

This the first time I have participated in an ADO Challenge and I found it to be very fun. I hope I can take part in more challenges during the year. Thank you ADO for this opportunity!!

Please visit the ADO blog to see a list of all the participants.

http://artdollsonly.blogspot.com/

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Dessa Rae!
    I also wanted to say how much I love this darling doll of yours, she actually has the cutest pinchable cheeks, is that possible? lol. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Dessa Rae - she is so beautiful. Ilove your photogarphy skills too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I think I should go to bed - spelling mistakes all over the place!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet, gorgeous. Lindax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet doll. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this doll! Her hair, the bows in her hair, the blue on her dress ~ she's just lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks like a gentle and light cloud.
    She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has such a sweet face, but looks like she could turn at a moment's notice and throw a toddler's tantrum - that's the tempest in her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This doll is amazing. I lover her pose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dessa, I love the way you costumed her. Very pretty with her dark hair. What a darling little face too!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A toddler being compared to a tempest...hmmmm. Why didn't I think of that? Brilliant! lol. She's just adorable, and I love her little outfit. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so very sweet:) This is my first time particpating in an ADO challenge and I also chose air:)You did a great job and I am curiouss to know more about puppenfimo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dessa, I love her !!! She is outstanding... the pose and feeling of air is excellent! You are so talented. I choose air also, my focus was on the wings. Seeing all these wonderful ideas from this challenge is changing the way I conceive my own art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your doll, i think you've really captured the air element beautifully. she looks so sweet and yet kind of... dangerous! just like air :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's a real sweetie! And so aptly named! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so cute! I chose air element too

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is adorable, I love her face! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  18. O what a beautiful sweet pop.

    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is just precious! I love everything about her right down to her little pointed toes!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Her face is so cute and sweet! I love the rain clouds idea and I think you did a great job with the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely delicate piece. You really managed to get that windy, cloudy look.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hiya. A treasury is a selection of handpicked items a seller chooses from other sellers. They go in the Treasury lists in Etsy. Buyers and sellers can view them. The lists are forever changing. Etsy admin choose lists to go on the front page (then you know you've made it!!)The treasury free lists become available every few days, so you have to be in the right place at the right time. make sense?! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shes adorable and the dress is so floaty and sweet. beautiful work!:D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message
Thanks

Google+ Badge