Thursday, September 23, 2010

She's Mine...All Mine

I am so excited!!!  I just got the sculpt that I commissioned from Mary Ropelato of 
Mary Ropelato Art Dolls.
If you get a chance go to her blog and check it out.  I commissioned a doll from her and I can't believe how wonderful she turned out.  The doll is 4" seated and 8 1/2" if she were standing.   I just let Mary do her thing, and the results are amazing.  She even makes her own beautiful glass like eyes.  This beautiful creation is worth every penny!!!!  I have several of Mary's dolls and it has been fun to watch Mary grow as an Artist and watch her dolls progress to the fantastic art forms they are today.   Mary started out as a customer of mine and now I am a happy customer of hers!
...Click on the pics to enlarge them...
   This is how she looks on my end table.
This is an Artsy picture, shows her features really well though!
This shows off her hair.
Well this is my beautiful Denver...that's her name.  Just thought I would share!!

15 comments:

  1. Oh Dessa Rae, she is just beautiful.. I love Mary's fairies. This particular piece is STUNNING! Thank you for sharing.
    I am going now to pop over to her blog.
    Blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dessa Rae, thank you! She look just beautiful on your end table. I am glad you are playing around with her costuming. I kept her clothing removeable because I know that is something you like to do. Have fun with her and have a great weekend!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny,
    Thanks so much for your nice comments. You are so sweet. Mary will be thrilled that you love her Faeries!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary,
    Oh I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my beautiful creation. The word doll just doesn't seem to do her justice. She is amazing!! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! i can see Mary is making very nice dolls now! What a sexy lady! :-O hahaha!
    Hey, when do you make some more dolls Dessa?
    I would like to have a Brigitte :-) I also do swaps if you like to have some of my creepy creations?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings Dessa Rae
    She is a wee one yes? I am so happy she gave you a giggle! Thank you for coming over to meet her..
    Enjoy your weekend and thank you!
    Blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi So Dark So Cute,
    Thank you for your comments. I don't know when I will be making more Pixie Moppets. It's just when the muse his me...lol I am getting my supplies together to start a soft sculpture baby doll. I will never be able to make another Brigitte, because they all turn out different, but when I get another Pixie Moppet done that is similar, I will let you know. Thanks again for visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dessa Rae, she is lovely - I can totally understand how thrilled you are with her.

    Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dessa! You lucky girl! She is beautiful. Mary does wonderful dolls. Always fun to treat yourself to something special...and Denver is just that...Something Special. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible artist and doll! Congratulations!! Smiles, pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue, thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marcie, Thank you for the lovely comments!
    Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia, Yes Mary is an incredible Artist!!
    Thank you for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know excactly what you mean Des! I can never make the same doll faces again even if i want to,hahaha! They all look very different! I like Brigitte's style, her clothes,her hair :-)
    The face can be different,i dont care, cause all the faces you sculpt looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's amazing! I haven't seen this one before! Wow! Did she make part of the seat she's in too? That's great! Boy, I tell ya, I don't have the patience like you guys to do this kind of stuff. I just like looking at the work :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message
Thanks

Google+ Badge