Thursday, October 21, 2010

Baylee by Lorna Miller Sands



I have been practicing on Baylee by Lorna Miller Sands.  I love these non-toxic oils.  I find them so much easier than Genesis and Jo Sonja's.  I was a real fan of the acrylics till I found these paints. 

I have had flub ups but nothing that couldn't be fixed.  I treat the flubs like learning experiences. 

I sent away for some practice limbs from Bountiful Baby, so I don't have to worry about something going wrong with a kit.

Baylee is a work in progress and I still have to paint her lips and root her eyelashes.  I put a Mohair wig on her just to see how she will look when I am done.

I am hoping to get her done by this weekend...we'll see...lol.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! looking amazing... I can't get over how life-like these babes are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I've never gotten the knack of
    the Genesis oils. These oils seem to give quite a soft finish, I like it.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dessa Rae
    You are doing an amazing job here.
    I love it!
    Have a great weekend.
    Blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dessa Rae
    I am so happy you were able to visit Britt's drawings.. I am always in awe when I watch her draw.. Thank you so much for your kind words, I will pass them along to her next time she calls.
    Blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! You did her?! That's amazing!! She's beautiful! I'm a fan of the wigs. I'm glad I have this site set as my homepage now so I don't miss out on this stuff anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg she is awesome! It really IS incredible the life that you can bring to a vinyl doll. Great job, Dessa Rae!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look real, I really love dolls that looks real, anyway speaking of realistic dolls I found this website http://www.ThatsMyFace.com/f/custom_doll_head that can create a super-realistic doll heads of anyone from just a photo. Imagine making doll of yourself, your kids, your boss or your favorite celebrity!

    Apparently they can make the heads in many scales to fit Barbie-like dolls, Tonner dolls or even smaller figurines like Polly Pocket.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message
Thanks

Google+ Badge