Sunday, June 12, 2011

The beginnings of a new cloth baby

This is how it all starts...a face, a drawing, an idea...
I begin by drawing and painting a face.   Sometimes the face works out and sometimes it doesn't.
This time luckily I am very satisfied with the results.

I plan on making this a 12" baby.  I have already designed the pattern...in fact the pattern was designed about
10 years ago, and I simply enlarge or reduce as desired.

I hope the rest of the doll goes smoothly...I hate snags...lol

Well off to the sewing machine!!


5 comments:

  1. the face looks amazing. can't wait to see the finished doll! ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dessa Rae
    I have tried twice now to leave a comment.
    Ok, one more time.
    She is just adorable!!! I cannot wait to see the finished doll. You just amaze me with your talents.
    Thank you so much for visiting Bebe in the Hollow and your kind words of encouragement.
    Don't you just love Jeri's blog? She is a published author.. Next time you visit he blog, their is a link to her published books.. You must see them.
    Blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dessa, Like the others I can't wait to see the doll and it is finished. I think this is a wonderful idea i which you can excersise your true talents as drawing artist and a doll maker.
    Thank you for your kind comment about my fawn!*grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful facial expression!
    Aloha,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is she complete yet? I can't wait to see..
    Thank you so much Dessa Rae for visiting my little Bebe.. I am so happy you enjoyed her.
    I hope all is well with you.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings dear friend
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message
Thanks

Google+ Badge