Friday, August 12, 2016

Poppie Dolls and Bears


Well, I am off on another adventure.  I just recently discovered the world of Pop Surrealism Art Dolls and thought I would give it a whirl..
These are my first two tries and I am loving the process. The top doll is named Fii and is 4 inches the lower doll is named Mia and she is about 8 inches.  They are all hand-sculpted and painted, wearing vintage lace skirts.. 
It is really different than I am used to.  My creativity can go crazy with no rules so to speak of.
Along with the Poppie Dolls I will be creating vintage type Bears, Ellies, and probably throw in a few Hares..
It seem like I always do this after a Doll Show is over.  I just want to create new and different things.  I might just be burned out on Reborns and cloth dolls.  Don't get me wrong...I still love the Reborns and dolls, but I just need to go in a different direction for a while.
My Daughter thought up the new name, and so I call these dolls Poppie Dolls and Bears.  She is very clever...lol
As long as I'm at it I might as well tell you all about my new and improved website.
Poppie Dolls and Bears
I have some Reborns on the sight as well.  Just till I sell them then I won't be listing anymore for a while.
Well this has been fun!! I am going to try not to neglect my blog anymore.  I forgot how much fun it is.  Well till next time, have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dessa Rae, it is so GOOD to see you are posting.. Sorry I am so late in getting here. I LOVE your new direction your are going in.. These little ones are just adorable. And hats off to your daughter for thinking of the name to call these wonders! Poppie Dolls and Bears, I love it.
    Thank you so much for visiting and leaving such kind words for my drawing.
    I am doing very well, thank you for asking.. I hope all is well with you.
    Love and blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dessa Rae,
    Blogger must have sent my comment to the sky, so I will try again.
    I just LOVE your new dolls you are making. Poppie Dolls, this is a perfect name.
    Thank you so much for coming over to visit me.. I have missed you, and good to know you are ok.
    blessings dear friend.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message
Thanks

Google+ Badge